Monday, May 29, 2006

Birgit & Horst Jurock, BC, Canada!

We are Birgit and Horst Jurock, 52 / 50 years young. We live in Roberts Creek, a small, sleepy coastal town in British Columbia, Canada. http://www.bigpacific.com/robertscreek/index.html

We have been married for 25 years and our four kids, one son in law and two dogs are part of our household.

We joined Gano a few weeks ago and it has been a blast and gets better every day.

Residual Income has always been our dream. Being independent and free, learning and earning money in the process.

Internet marketing is what we do and after being in Internet marketing for the better part of five years and having tried MANY different “business opportunities” with GanoExcel we found a business and products we can stand behind.

We love the products, the Ganocafe classic and Ganocafe Mocha being our favorites.

A bit about us:

Biggi:
I once was asked the question; “Are you extrovert or introvert?”
My automatic response was: “I am introvert. Am I not shy? Afraid to talk to “strangers”? But then, I love networking. I enjoy being out among people. So what am I?”
I am on this earth now for so many years and I still don’t know? Where do I go? What do I become?
We learn everyday!
I was born in and grew up Germany, in a town called Hoesel. My parents wanted me to become an engineer. That’s what my Dad was, an engineer. But I had different dreams. Totally different. I wanted to become a nurse. One day my parents brought an uniform/costume from England. A cape, a hat, the watch. I liked that.
But that’s too easy. You have a dream – you follow it – you become. No, there had to be a detour.
I was very rebellious in my teens, and I dreamed of being an artist, living in a hippie community. It would be cool to make everything yourself.

Now was the time for the next step.

Dropping out of school. What do I need a high school degree for?
I moved into a different city called Duesseldorf and I did an apprenticeship in a fashion company. Knowing how to sew is definitely helpful when living in a community. So I worked in the fashion industry for 3 years and helped in fashion shows, worked in administration, the works. My goal was to visit the college of Fashion Design afterwards. But, these were not the kind of people I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

Dream No. 1 awakened again. And…

Now was the time for the next step.

I moved into a different city called Cologne and started with nursing school. There was my uniform. And – guess what - I didn’t like it. Skirt hanging wide over the knees, collar buttoned up, having to wear white aprons and then the hat.
But these were only minor details. I loved nursing. Helping people. The medical education.
So, I did this for several years and then…

It was time for the next step.
I moved into a different city called Frankfurt and got married. Now I became a housewife. Mom with first one, then two, then three and then…..
We moved into a different city called Stuttgart and then we had No.4.
In 92 we came to Canada to visit my brother in law and his family. And we loved it here in BC. “Let’s try to immigrate again!” Again? Yes, we had tried it before in the beginning of our marriage. But despite sponsorship and knowing influential people in the government, we tried for 3 years without any results. Now, 10 years later – let’s try one more time!
Now was the time for the next step.
We applied and then we had 6 months to sell everything and pack our suitcases and some boxes and then we moved to into a different city called…..Vancouver. The first years were very tough but we never looked back.

No nursing here though. Different system, different education, different exams. I did the paper routes and I worked with Canada Post for 2 years as an Admail worker. Volunteer work and Office work…

... And then it was time for the next step.
2 1/2 years ago I started my own business – Internet marketing consulting. Me – the shy one. But I knew I had to do the next step.
And by the way, did I mention that since we live here in Canada we have already moved three times?

P.S. This was in 2003, since then we moved to the Sunshine Coast to Sechelt, one year later to Roberts Creek, and now I’m pooped and stay put until……..
The next step.

Horst:

I am a journeyman cabinet maker/ painter/chef by trade and worked in Germany in those professions before we immigrated to Canada. One of the best decisions we ever made. Here I worked as sign maker, welder, salesman and in the last few years as vice president of operations for a publishing company. The last job finished me.I stopped working in this job (Just Over Broke) two years ago for health reasons. I am recovering nicely and encouraged by my wonderful wife decided to go into network marketing with her. She is already an accomplished Internet marketer and it is fun learning from her and working with her.I love working from home for several reasons.

1. I get to work with the love of my life. If I had known how much fun that would be I would have quit before the job took my health.

2. I can work as much as I want but also can stop working anytime and enjoy the sunshine. We are the boss.

3. I get to see the kids a lot more (I like it; it took them a while to get used to Dad being at home ALL THE TIME :))

4. I get to meet so many people all over the world and talk (write) to them and not only for business reasons.

5. By meeting so many people from so many cultures and walks of life, I learn and that in itself is great.

Well that is it in a nutshell. I am looking forward to connecting to lots of people here and learn from them and maybe even share some of my experiences.

Join us on our voyage to financial independence.

Our Best to you,
Birgit & Horst Jurock

No comments: